The establishment of department of Microbiology was initiated in the academic year 2015-16. The department is fully equipped to undertake both teaching programme of second MBBS students from the academic year 2016-17 and diagnostic Microbiology investigations.
Our Mission is to educate with demonstration sample material and e-technology and to ensure an effective planning, operation and control of laboratory processes
Our Vision is to establish a Microbiology department with teaching standards as per Medical Council of India and to establish laboratory standards as per ISO 15189-2012.
- Well-furnished Lecture Hall and Demonstration Room with audio-visual facility and accommodation for 100 and 50 students respectively.
- Seven equipped service laboratories – Bacteriology, Mycobacteriology, Serology, Immunology, Parasitology, Mycology and Virology.
- Upcoming Research laboratory.
- Furnished Practical Hall to accommodate 50 students.
- Departmental library with approx. 50 Microbiology books and manuals.
- A museum with displayed charts, models, specimens and slides.
- An established Clinical Microbiology Laboratory in the hospital premises with 24 hrs services.
|Level of Graduation||Faculty||No. of Students||Affiliated University|
- The department conducts following teaching and learning activities in the subject of pharmacology for undergraduate students. In compliance with the syllabus laid down for the subject by MUHS, the department runs theory and practical programs. The theory comprises of large group interactive lectures, symposia and small group teaching in the form of tutorials. Practicals are conducted in the form of demonstrations, simulated videos and case studies.
|Shri. Satyadev V. Dhote||Lab Technician|
|Shri Gurudeo E. Kunghadkar||Lab Technician|
|Ku. Ashwini Kalmegh||Lab Technician|
|Ku. Shubhangi R. Ambulkar||Lab Assistant|
|Mr. Ganesh Chavan||Lower Grade Steno|
|Mr. Ashish Kamble||Lab Assistant|
|Ku. Supriya Ture||Lab Technician|
|Mr. yashwant Hanwate||Lab Assistant|