- GMCC is a recently established Medical College. Date of Establishment of the Physiology Department- 27th july 2015
- This department has a strong academic focus. It conducts teaching programs for medical course as per the MCI guidelines and MUHS, Nashik norms. Research activities and publishing are a major priority.
- Our vision is to create competent graduates who can work compassionately for the society/humanity and uphold the ideals of the Nobel medical profession.
Physiology is the scientific study of functioning in human body.
Physiology is the foundation of all medical sciences. Our Evidence based clinical Medicine is based on Physiology. It connects science, medicine, and health, and creates a framework for understanding how the human body adapts to stresses, physical activity, and disease. This understanding enables students correlate between pathology of a disease & its treatment, contributing to the development of the core skills of a competent doctor.
- counseling and orientation programs at the beginning of the curriculum.
- Microteaching, Seminars and Journal Club presentations
- Research work carried out by teaching staff
- Assessment of teachers by Student Feedback and Peer Review
- Conduction of College level Physiology Quiz and encouraging students to participate.
- Departmental Library for all UG students and departmental staff
- Lecture theatre with LCD and slide projector (Capacity -100)
- Demonstration Room with LCD (Capacity - 75)
- Well Equipped Laboratories for :
- counseling and orientation programs at thStudent’s Physiograph and Polygraph
- Basal Metabolism Apparatus
- Distilled water still, All glass distillation apparatus
- Digital Photocolorimeter, pH meter
- Automatic Acquisition ECG machine
- Hot air oven, Electric sterilizer
- Perimeter, Spirometer, Wright’s Peak Flowmeter, Stethograph
- Mosso’s Ergograph, Bicycle Ergograph, Hand Grip Dynamometer
- Venous pressure apparatus
- Van Slyko’s Manometric Apparatus, Gas Analysis Apparatus- Haldane’s Student type
- Sherrington Kymograph (Brodie’s assembly), Langendroff’s Apparatus
- Opthalmoscope, Phakoscope, Edridge-Green Lantern
We have the infrastructure and instruments as per the MCI norm.
|Level of Graduation||Faculty||No. of Students||Affiliated University|
- Students counseling and orientation programs at the beginning of the curriculum.
- Lectures and Practicals, tutorials and lecture demonstrations. Didactic lectures conducted on power point, practicals from Hematology & Clinical physiology, Lecture demonstrations on human physiology (using physiograph, polygraph, ECG Machines, spirometer and perimeter etc.)
- Continuous Assessment of students by written, oral and practical examinations
- Small group teaching methods such as interactive tutorial sessions, computer aided teaching to ensure better understanding and personal attention.
- Problem based learning
- Horizontal integrated teaching session in the form of seminars.
- Extra classes for academically backward students
- Dr. Avinash Tekade – International (6), National (5)
- Dr. Manisha Vinod Kurwale (Dighore) - International (2), National (4)
- Dr. Vineeta Chadha - International (1)
- Dr. Yogesh Gupta - International (1)
- Dr. Namrata S. Loya - National (2)
All publications can be accessed from Google scholar/Google/Pubmed etc.
|Mrs. Sanghmitra Kamble||Sr. Clerk|
|Suraj Kale||Lab Technician|