GMC Chandrapur is providing outstanding patient care especially in the field of orthopedics through the elegant team of orthopedic surgeons working in the institute. We deal with trauma, complex trauma and spine and joint replacement surgeries. We cater to patients all over the district. Number of trauma cases is quite high. Patients from all over the district are referred to our hospital for tertiary care and expert management.
The mission of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at GMC Chandrapur is to advance the field of musculoskeletal medicine, science, and surgery through the education of medical students, residents and the public in general. This process utilizes basic science and clinical research, as well as excellent patient care..
We are working untiringly, day in and out, to enlist our institute as elite and premier institute in central India. We aim to develop various sub-specialties in the institute. Spine and Joint Replacement surgery are our first priority followed by sports medicine and pediatric orthopedics.
Functions & Objective
- OPD of more than 5000 patients monthly. OPD starts 9 am till 1 pm.
- OPD patients include various musculoskeletal problems, neonates with deformity CDH, CTEV, trauma and accidental cases, referrals from surrounding district.
- Minor operations are done daily; procedures go hand in hand with OPD hours.
- Major OT days are weekly twice i.e. on Thursday and Saturday. We operate around 70 surgeries per month. Major OT cases are mostly trauma, complex trauma cases. Spine and Joint replacement are also performed.the active cooperation of our respected Dean & with inter departmental coordination this department proposes
|Level of Graduation
||No. of Students
||100 to 150
||D Ortho(Diploma in Orthopedics)
||College of physicians and surgeons of Mumbai
- Yearly we perform nearly 6500 surgeries in Our Hospital.
- Our routine list comprises of Obstretics & Gynaecological surgeries, General Surgeries, Orthopaedic & Trauma surgeries.
- LSCS rate is nearly 3000 per year.
- Specialized surgeries include Maxilofacial surgeries, ENT cases, Thyroidectomy, Breast surgeries, Laproscopic surgeries, Urological surgeries.
- We routinely carry out School health camps which include Paediatric surgeries for Congenital Hernia, Hydrocele, Phimosis.
- Neonatal Surgeries have developed in this department with time. We now regularly carry out Tracheo-esophageal fistula surgeries, Intestinal Obstuction, Ano-rectal Anomolies.
Meet Our Faculty
Non Teaching Staff